Cleaning Your Window Tracks
Are you having difficulty opening and closing your windows? The problem may not be the window but the track that it slides in. Window tracks are notorious for collecting dirt, grease and even dead insects (yuck). To keep your windows operating properly and prevent them from becoming a moth graveyard, try this easy way to make them look brand new again:
Gather up the following supplies:
- Baking Soda
- Cotton Swabs
- An Old Toothbrush (You definitely don’t want to use your good one)
- Cup of Hot Water
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Grocery Bag for Trash
- Sprinkle baking soda in the corners of the track and then pour some of the vinegar on it. While this mixture is bubbling it is actually loosening the dirt and grime that has collected there.
- Once the reaction between the baking soda and vinegar has subsided, take the cotton swabs and using swirling motions along the track push all of the loosened dirt towards the middle. For best results, replace the cotton swabs as they become dirty.
- Using the toothbrush, scrub the more stubborn areas to loosen the dirt.
- Pour the hot water into the track beginning at the corners and working your way to the center.
- Use paper towels to thoroughly dry the area.
- Repeat if necessary.
Clean window tracks just work and look better. Make sure you add them to your spring-cleaning list so your windows are ready for the nice weather.
When it comes to windows, the experts at BRL specialize in replacement and repairs. If your windows aren’t working properly or are in need of replacement, give us a call at 702-876-6579 today or visit our beautiful North Las Vegas showroom.